Anybody that talked to pest control personnel for ants has heard this quote a few times “I keep seeing small little or big, black ants in my house, especially in the kitchen and bathroom. I spray the ones I see, but they keep coming back. What kind of ants are these, where do they come from, and how do I get rid of them?”
Ants can find their way inside through wiring and plumbing systems, in cracks around windows and doors and in many other ways. Once they’re inside, ants are drawn to crumbs and can build nests or colonies indoors in places where they find food. While ants typically do not carry illnesses or diseases, some species do bite, and they can make even a well cared for home seem unclean and less than inviting.
Rains can flood out treated residential and commercial properties giving ants the moisture they thrive in, and diluting previous treatments.All bugs reproduce faster with moisture. Monthly or Bi-monthly Pest control for ants services keep that protective barrier around homes and Commercial business building.its just like anything the less its maintained the more chances it vonarable to a problem.
Why Hire a Professional?
There are a number of DIY ant control products available for sale in big box stores, hardware stores and home improvement centers, but often, these products are not fully effective at eliminating ants. This is especially true when large infestations are present in a home or when the ants are inside of a wall or another area of a home where they are difficult to access. As a result, homeowners are often well served to contact a professional ant control exterminator, who will not only eliminate the ants but also let the consumers know how to keep ants from returning to the home.
Things to Do Before the ant Exterminator Arrives
Before performing ant pest control services, a licensed exterminator will conduct a complete home inspection to locate the ants, discover their entry point and determine what species is present.
Homeowners can help get ready for an ant pest control inspection by:
- Cleaning the kitchen area. Sweep the floors, wipe down the counter tops and wipe off the baseboards or trim. This will eliminate crumbs that attract ants.
- Run the vacuum in every room of the home. This will further remove food sources.
- Double check that all food is stored in airtight containers, even in the refrigerator.
- Take the trash out regularly, particularly when food is thrown away in the garbage.
- Empty the dishwasher promptly after use and keep the door closed at all types. Make sure the dishwasher and sink are both empty on the day of the inspection.
- Do not leave pet food on the floor in the kitchen all day. After a pet is finished eating, throw extra food away or store it in an airtight container until the next feeding.
To prevent further Ant infestations:
- Trim all trees and bushes so branches do not touch the house.
- Correct moisture problems such as leaky roofs and plumbing.
- Paint and/or seal exposed wood construction before it becomes wet.
- Replace rotted, water-damaged, and previously Ant-infested wooden parts of the structure.
- Eliminate wood/soil contacts.
- Remove dead stumps on the property and store firewood off the ground and away from the structure.
To get rid of Ant problem, inspect to find Ant nests, follow their trails is an important step in control. Ants lay down a chemical pheromone trail along their established routes to and from a food source so other Ants can easily find the food.
For homeowners or commercial business building managers in the Seattle area, Ants Exterminators is ready to provide ant control services to eliminate ant infestations indoors or outdoors. A family owned and operated business with years of experience, Ant Exterminators will conduct a complete inspection to determine what type of ants are present inside of the home and how they likely got inside.
One of the licensed pest control technicians employed by Seattle ant control will then explain the treatment options that are available and perform full ant control services. After treatment, the exterminator will explain how to prevent future infestations and recommend maintenance treatments as needed.
Call 425 440 0966 for more information or to schedule an ant inspection.
Company Name: Pest control for ants
Contact Person: Davii Black
Email: Send Email
Phone: 425 440 0966
Address:539 6th St S Ste G
Country: United States