Good property maintenance is pest control, because it limits the resources pests need to survive and reproduce. Schools and childcare facilities are generally very clean environments, because staff work hard to protect the health and well being of the children. However, because insect and rodent pests require relatively little food to survive, the standards for sanitation must be very high.
Discovering that there is some type of pest present in a home or business is distressing no matter what the pest in question is, and in some cases, pests can pose serious health risks, making the discovery an urgent one. The best way to ensure that pests are completely eliminated is to hire a professional pest control service. Exterminators are able to determine the exact cause and location of pests and develop the best way to eradicate them.
The price of pest control services varies greatly depending on a number of factors:
- Type of Pests. The cost of pest controlis largely determined by the types of pests that need to be eliminated. Different types of pests require different types of treatments, and the costs of the chemicals and equipment will vary based on what type is needed for a specific job. Rates for pest control for some common types of pests include:
- Ants, earwigs, spiders and similar pests usually cost $50 to $300 for a one-time extermination. Cockroaches typically cost slightly more than general pest control services.
- Bed bug treatments usually cost $50 to $200 for an initial inspection and then anywhere from $250 to $900 for each room that requires treatment.
- Termites typically cost between $200 and $2500 to exterminate, depending on the pest control technique that is used.
- Rodent removal usually costs somewhere between $200 and $2,000, depending on the severity of the infestation and whether live traps or poisons are used.
Location.Where the pests are located also plays a role in determining cost. Usually, pest controlis more expensive in businesses than it is in homes because commercial spaces often pose challenges like health and safety laws that require exterminators to use special techniques or equipment. The physical location of a pest in a home or business can also impact the cost, as infestations that are difficult to access will take more labor to deal with.
- Size of Infestation.Larger infestations will usually require more chemicals or more labor than smaller ones, meaning additional costs.
- Necessary Repairs.In some cases, a pest control professional may need to make repairs to a structure to keep it secure from pests. The materials and labor needed to make the repairs will increase the cost of the service.
- Maintenance Requirements.Often, pest control technicians will recommend follow-up treatments to keep homes and businesses free of pests in the future. In some cases, homeowners may choose to pay for these maintenance treatments up front, making the cost of pest control more expensive.
The best way to find out what it will cost to eliminate pests is to call a professional service and inquire what their rates are.
Company Name: Seattle pest control service
Contact Person: Kris Myers
Email: Send Email
Phone: 425 440 0966
Country: United States